I have several friends who are past or current students of Kevin, and I really wanted to learn the best technique to get the most out of my time and money – so I went to the best.
Playing guitar is a huge investment in time and energy. You need to make the most of that to get the best out of it – and having a great teacher like Kevin is the best start.
The lessons with Kevin have met all my goals plus more and have helped me in many ways with my professional career. Teachers like Kevin are rare on a global scale. I like the way he breaks complicated things down and makes them easy to understand, which only comes from years of experience.
I can help you with any guitar related learning problem and they can be solved very quickly.
I know just about every learning related problem there is and I give you expert feedback on your progress. This will help you to know where you are currently and what you need to focus on to improve at a faster rate. You will be encouraged to ask questions if you are not sure of anything we cover. You will also be surrounded by other guitarists that are at a similar level to you so that you can play with them, join in on seminars and performance groups, and make musical friends that you will have for years to come.
You will also get the opportunity to study with some of the world’s best guitarists like Robben Ford, Bruce Forman, and Larry Koonse, who come and give seminars and workshops exclusively for me. These workshops and seminars are not open to anyone other than my students. No matter if you are a learner, intermediate, or professional level player, I have the ability, training, and know-how to supercharge your playing ability right now. You will also have a lot of fun playing and practicing no matter what style of music you want to play or level you want to achieve.
After 1½ years of lessons with Kevin he has helped me learn to read music, filled in the gaps where I had missed things, helped me with my parts for the school band, helped me with my soloing, and helped me win “The Best Guitarist Award” at the Manawatu Jazz and Blues Festival for the last two years.
All levels taught
No matter if you are a learner, intermediate, or professional level player, I have the ability, training, and know-how to supercharge your playing ability right now. You will also have a lot of fun playing and practicing no matter what style of music you want to play or level you want to achieve.
I have had a few guitar teachers over the years. I found that what I was taught didn't really prepare me for the “real world” of music. Kevin has been good in helping me to clearly understand things and has taught me to be able to apply my skills in the real world.
What you get at Kevin Downing’s Guitar School is –
- A proven master teacher so you will learn quicker and more efficiently
- Lesson plans based on your interests and goals so you have more fun
- Get quick results so you save yourself time, frustration, and money
- The latest teaching methods using real songs of your favourite artists
- Clean, professional, distraction free, and safe music studio so you learn a lot quicker
- Recordings to track your progress or record your songs
- Learn Kevin's "Professional Tricks of the Trade" that you won't learn anywhere else
- All levels taught from beginner to professional level so there is no need to change teachers
- All modern styles taught – rock, blues, jazz, metal, heavy, progressive, alternative, etc
- Seminars & workshops taken by some of the world's best players
- You can join the jam sessions so you can learn to play with your friends
- Our own private student forum where you can link up with other like minded students
- You can join the performance groups if you want to learn more advanced performing skills
- A musical experience that you won’t get anywhere else
The lessons are available in person at my studio on Broadway Ave, Palmerston North - See Google Maps. here.
Call me now at (06) 357-0057 for your free trial guitar lessonor assessment of your abilities
If you need any more information please answer this question: How long have you been playing for?
0 - 18 months? – Then click here for more information.
18 months – 40 years? – Then click here for more information.
Or are you currently playing professionally? – Then click here for more information.
Testimonial – “Kevin Downing is a Guitar Guru” – Manawatu Evening Standard.